Edit Content

Contact Information

Find our contact details for quick and convenient

Head Office

Cebu City Philippines

Email Address



+63 32 520 6253

Open Days

Monday - Friday

Visa Services

Are you a foreigner and planning to work in the Philippines? This one is for you.

Every alien individual who are gainfully employed in the Philippines must secure an Alien Employment Permit (AEP) first with the Department of Labor & Employment (DOLE) in pursuant to Under Article 40 of the Labor Code of the Philippines and DOLE D.O. 221-2021.

It is very important to note that your employer must be a registered business enterprise under Philippine Laws. It could be under Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) or Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

An Alien Employment Permit must be filed within 10 working days from date of signing of contract or prior to commencement of employment with the DOLE regional office.

Here are the supporting documents that you need to submit upon application.
Prior to submission and filing to DOLE, you need to make sure that there is a job posting posted at newspaper of general circulation. This is to make sure that there are no other qualified Filipinos who applied for such job position. Within 15 days from publication, the Human Resource personnel will execute an affidavit attesting a fact that there are no other qualified Filipino applicants for the job. A proof of publication must also be attached. After 7 days or once the documents are verified, the DOLE will ask you to pay for the filing fee. After that, your AEP card will now be released after another 7 days or whenever is available for releasing. The maximum turnaround time for the application is at least 30 days provided all documents needed from the employer are given promptly. You may now use your AEP card and secure your working visa with the Bureau of Immigration. You may opt to ask CBOS to assist you further on the conversion of your tourist visa to a pre-arranged working visa or the 9g visa type.
You need to make sure that the agency who will process your alien employment permit is accredited with DOLE. It’s a good thing because CBOS is an accredited partner of DOLE. You may call us to assist you on your application.
Disclaimer: The opinion of the writer does not necessarily state and reflect the opinion of the management. The writer’s opinion is based on experience and its duty to interpret the laws, rules & regulations. The reader may choose to seek further legal advice at its own choice.

Schedule a Free Consultation and Uncovered Benefits